Monday 7 October 2013

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Snowy delight



Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Snowy delight
Purchase details:
£1.40 for a 120g bar or two for £2.00 (tesco.com)
Calories:
87 per three chunk serving (348 per half bar)
Country of origin:
UK
 

I’ve now decided that it’s a good thing that Christmas products are in the shops so early as it gives me plenty of time to sample all the limited editions that appear at this time of the year. With that in mind, today I’m bringing you my review of Cadbury Dairy Milk: Snowy delight – we’ll just ignore the fact that it’s basically a repackaging of the old Bliss bar, as well as the Silvery creme that was released for last year’s Olympics.


This bar came in a cute purple wrapper with images of snow flakes, as well as a chunk of the chocolate sledging down a snowy slope – all very sweet. Described as ‘milk chocolate with a vanilla flavour filling (45%)’, this product was surprisingly calorific. If I’d attempted to eat the whole bar (which I didn’t!), it would have set me back 696 calories and, to be honest, I’m not sure why it didn’t come in a 100g format rather than a 120g one.


The bar was simple in appearance and consisted of 24 chunky squares that were filled deeply with ‘snow’ (ie the vanilla creme). This looked milky and smooth and was a nice contrast against the chocolate.


Since this was a Dairy Milk variety, I had certain expectations which, as usual, were delivered on. There was an instant creamy smell and the chocolate itself was its usual delicious, creamy self. I was pleased that there was quite a thick layer of it too. As for the filling, this had a lovely thick, smooth and melting texture and tasted sweet with an evident vanilla flavour that worked well with the chocolate. I can’t say that either flavour was incredibly strong but it was a very creamy experience.


Each chunk melted nicely on the tongue, with the outer Cadbury layer giving way to the cool vanilla creme. However, the product was equally good when chewing, with the soft centre bursting out after cracking through the chocolate shell.

I really enjoyed this Snowy delight – it may not have been the most exciting product in the world but, once again, Cadbury have proved that you can’t really go wrong with Dairy Milk. 

Appearance: 8.5/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
8.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...