Friday 21 February 2014

Subway White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie



Product name: Subway White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie
Purchase details:
£0.50 for a 48g cookie (Subway)
Calories:
218 per cookie
 

I love Subway’s cookies so I wasn’t going to turn down a free one in return for providing some online feedback after my last lunch visit. I decided to get my favourite variety for the purpose of this review: White Chip Macadamia Nut. I’ve loved this version for years but, to be honest, all of their cookies are good, with their soft centres and not-too-crispy edges. 

Whilst it’s well-known that Subway sandwiches are made fresh in-store, I’ve never actually noticed where their baked goods come from. However, I assume that, even if they are brought in from elsewhere, they are still made in the UK. Although they are simply sold in a generic paper bag, thankfully, the nutritional information can be found on their website.


This slightly sweet-smelling cookie was fairly large with a bumpy top and smooth, flat base. Its centre was quite greasy in appearance (and to the touch) but this was a feature I love since it made for a doughy texture – the cookie could be torn apart rather than snapped because it was so soft! The macadamia nuts and white chocolate were scattered through the cookie in large chunks with the chocolate being a little smaller and less rounded than the nuts.
 


Due to the fantastic texture, I always nibble the edges of Subway cookies and leave the middle until last. As expected, this cookie’s edges were slightly crispy but gave way easily when bitten into. The white chocolate taste was also noticeable from the first bite despite, by nature, not being the strongest flavour in the world.  


The cookie’s middle was deliciously soft and moist, with the sweet dough blending beautifully with the great chocolate flavour provided from the white chocolate chips. I can’t say I’ve ever eaten a macadamia nut that wasn’t in a Subway cookie but my impression of them is they’re quite bland when competing with other elements. However, they did provide a slightly nutty flavour here which wasn’t dissimilar from Brazil nuts, and they also delivered a great crunchy texture which went fabulously with the doughy cookie and chunky chocolate. 

What a treat! 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
9.5/10
Overall score:
8.13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...