Friday 7 February 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Milk chocolate coins



Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Milk chocolate coins
Calories:
316 per 59.6g bag
Country of origin:
UK
 

Yeah, so I still have quite a few Christmas items left, so you might find reviews popping up at seemingly random times! 


Tonight it’s the turn of the second bag of chocolate money I received from Father Christmas last year and, this time, they were made from Mondelez UK’s Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate. Whilst this type of novelty product is a pretty traditional stocking filler in my family, I’m struggling to remember ever having had this version before! In keeping with the brand, the net bag was coloured purple which I thought was a different but nice touch. 


These coin-shaped chocolates came in three different sizes. They all contained a variation of Cadbury’s name or logo, as well a value (one, two or five). Unusually, in my experience, the bag contained both gold and silver foil wrappers. However, unlike with the Dairyfine Coins: White chocolate I’ve previously reviewed, all of these coins were milk chocolate and so the silver colour wasn’t quite as exciting for me. 


Although these coins were made from the usual Dairy Milk recipe, consisting of 23% milk solids and a minimum of 20% cocoa solids, I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy it quite as much as normal due to it being presented in the form of well-moulded, thin discs rather than chunky blocks. They certainly had the usual milky quality in their aroma but, unfortunately, this wasn’t quite as strong as Dairy Milk bars. 


On trying the product, I found the familiar creamy and chocolatey taste was still present but, as feared, wasn’t quite as satisfying as normal simply because the shape didn’t quite allow the flavour to fill the mouth in the same way. However, the coins did still melt well and, due to their thinness, more quickly. They obviously weren’t as chunky to chew but there was still a satisfaction there on that level as they weren’t too thin– even the smallest size packed a decent chocolate punch. The largest coins were my favourite, though, because when eaten at once, the deliciously thick but smooth melt of Dairy Milk chocolate was more prominent. 

If these Cadbury Dairy Milk: Milk chocolate coins were available all year round, I can’t say I’d pick them over the more traditional formats. However, when it comes to my annual chocolate money, I’d be more than happy to have this higher quality version again. 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize they'd done Dairy Milk coins last year, usually Cadbury just use their sweeter, more generic chocolate. Seems like they're really keen to push the Dairy Milk brand recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really very tempting thing..Every chocolate lover will love that thing..
    organic

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...