Thursday 20 February 2014

Galaxy Bubbles (milk chocolate egg)



Product name: Galaxy Bubbles (milk chocolate egg)
Purchase details:
£0.60 for a 28g egg or three for £1.20 (Tesco Superstore)
Calories: 155 per egg 

I still haven’t finished all of my Christmas items but I thought I’d go ahead with my first Easter review anyway!  I’ve had bars of Galaxy Bubbles before, and I’ve head treat eggs before, but I’d never had a Galaxy Bubbles treat egg so this was a new experience for me. 


Produced for Mars UK and Ireland (although I’m not sure where), this product came in a crumpled foil wrapper that was in the standard brown Galaxy design. In this case, I did like the added touch of each letter of the word ‘Bubbles’ being placed within a bubble.


When it comes to standard milk chocolates, Galaxy is my favourite but, since part of this is down to its silky texture, I wasn’t sure how much I’d enjoy this version since 24% of the product was the ‘aerated centre’. 


The chocolate egg, containing a minimum of 14% milk solids and 25% cocoa solids, came presented in a nice, swirled design, although its surface did look quite dull. The two halves had clearly been made and filled separately and then stuck together, but the centre did look nice and bubbly when dissected. 


As I’d hoped, this egg had the traditional sweet and creamy Galaxy scent, along with the fantastic creamy taste that I love. It was full of flavour and, furthermore, I needn’t have worried about its texture since the bubbles melted brilliantly and, since they did so more quickly than the thick outer shell, there was also a nice contrast between the two layers. This difference also worked well when chewing the chocolate since, whilst both elements were solid, the bubbles were a little softer.


Yep, I enjoyed this!

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
8.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...