Saturday 15 February 2014

Cadbury Creme Egg: Biscuits



Product name: Cadbury Creme Egg: Biscuits
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a 106g pack (Poundland)
Calories:
80 per biscuit
Country of origin:
UK

I’ve been dying to try these new Cadbury Creme Egg: Biscuits made by Burton’s Biscuit Co ever since I found out about them.


This pack contained six ‘sumptuous Cadbury milk chocolate biscuits with delicious Cadbury Creme Egg filling’ served on a plastic tray within an attractive wrapper that featured the Creme Egg colour scheme that I love – metallic red and purple with a yellow splat. 


The image on the front of the pack depicted round chocolate biscuits with a smooth chocolate coating and the famous ‘white and yellow fondant filling’ that clearly mimicked an egg’s yolk and whites. Pleasingly, the real-life biscuits were almost identical in appearance, although I thought the filling looked runnier than the centres of actual Creme Eggs. However, I put this down to the layer being comparatively thin. 


The milk chocolate coating accounted for 39% of each biscuit. This was a higher percentage than I’d expect but it did result in a slight creamy chocolate aroma. The fondant (that made up 25% of the product) also contributed to the scent by providing a hint of sugariness. 

The cocoa-containing biscuits had a good crunch to them. They were pretty much standard chocolate-coated biscuits but the silky smooth, sugary filling made them unique (as well as slightly messy to bite into!). 

I found the fondant to be a little different to the centres of real Creme Eggs since it wasn’t as thick or grainy. I even thought it tasted a little different, although the overall idea was there. As a result, I can’t say these biscuits were exactly as I expected, but they were still pretty darn good. It’s just a shame you don’t get more in a packet! 

Appearance: 9/10
Aroma: 7.5/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...