Sunday 22 September 2013

Nabisco Chips Ahoy!: Big & chewy chocolate



Product name: Nabisco Chips Ahoy!: Big & chewy chocolate
Purchase details:
£1.99 for a pack of two cookies (A Quarter of Sweets)
Calories:
150 per cookie (300 per pack)
Country of origin:
Canada
 

I was very excited when I discovered on Facebook that A Quarter of Sweets had received a delivery of cookies that contained Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Even the fact that each cookie practically cost £1.00 (stoopid imported prices) didn’t deter me from buying a packet!


When I got my hands on these Nabisco Chips Ahoy!: Big & chewy chocolate, I was pleased that the wrapper’s photograph suggested the cookies were ‘proper’ ones – I do love home-baked chewy biscuits and this is the experience I hoped for. The Peanut Butter Cups were an added bonus!


Each cookie was dark in colour and flecked with ‘peanut butter flavoured chips’, as well as a couple of miniature Cups. Slightly disappointingly, they had an odd smell about them which I found to be similar to the Oreo baked goods I’ve bought from American stores in the past.


The cookies themselves were soft to cut through and I found their texture to be more like cake than cookies, although they did have a slight crust on top. To be fair, they were slightly chewy, but this wasn’t quite in the same way I’d hoped for based on my experiences of other cookies, like the ones from Subway, for example. The chips and Cups were a bit more fun to chew on, though, and they also provided flavourful bursts of peanut butter. The Peanut Butter Cups were, obviously, the standard Reese’s kind, but the fact they had been baked meant they had slightly crispy chocolatey shells.

The overwhelming experience these cookies provided was a really chocolatey one since this flavour was far more powerful than the peanut butter. Interestingly, the peanut butter chips had the same texture as chocolate ones so, with the strong chocolate tastes, it was easy to forget that these were actually peanut butter flavoured.

I did feel a little let down by these Big & chewy chocolate cookies since, texturally, they weren’t as I expected. Whilst I think I may have had unrealistic hopes that these would taste more homemade, I think they would have been nicer if they’d been a little less soft and a little more chewy. Furthermore, it would have been great if they’d had a stronger and more consistent peanut butter flavour. Despite these areas for improvement, though, I did think this was a nice product. 

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
6.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...