Tuesday 9 July 2013

Ritter Sport Kakao-Mousse



Product name: Ritter Sport Kakao-Mousse
Purchase details:
£1.55 for a 100g bar (monstersweets.co.uk)
Calories:
142 per 25g portion (569 per bar)
Country of origin:
German
y


Next up in my experience of Ritter Sport chocolate is the Kakao-Mousse bar which, unsurprisingly, translates as ‘cocoa mousse’.


When I removed the wrapper, I was surprised to see that this bar consisted of nine enticing, large squares, rather than the sixteen present on the Erdbeer Vanille-Waffel bar (see here). This obviously meant each square could be filled with more cocoa goodness, although it did make it more difficult to have a recommended 25g portion – what a good job I had enough points left for the whole bar!


On examining the chocolate prior to tasting it, I noticed that it didn’t seem to have any smell at all. However, on the basis that it didn’t smell bad, I have marked it right in the middle of the scale for this area.



I was also slightly concerned by just how dark the mousse was, particularly when compared to the paleness of the milk chocolate. Although I don’t detest dark chocolate, I do struggle with extremely high cocoa contents. However, I needn’t have worried since the filling wasn’t bitter at all.

It was the texture of this bar that particularly stood out for me. It was very soft to bite into but, left to melt on the tongue, it was just beautiful. I would actually describe the filling as more of a very smooth truffle than the ‘lightly whipped’ mousse mentioned on Ritter Sport’s website. As a truffle lover, this was no bad thing, and made the bar feel more like a slab of chocolate than the dessert experience I’d been expecting.

Taste-wise, I can’t really describe Ritter Sport Kakoa-Mousse as anything except very chocolatey, although the exact flavour was slightly reminiscent of chocolate fudge cake. It was also very rich so, the more I ate, the more I could feel it at the back of my throat. This was obviously my own fault for eating it all at once, but it was also not a problem when washed down with a cup of tea – a cold glass of milk would have been preferable, though!

All in all, I enjoyed this bar as an indulgent treat but I can’t say it’s a variety I’d buy regularly. 


Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
5/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
9/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

1 comment:

  1. "Reminiscent of chocolate fudge cake" sounds brillaint to me! I shall have to give this bar a try sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...