Sunday 7 July 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups



Product name: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Calories:
Unsure – estimate 88 per cup (264 per 51g pack of three cups)
Country of origin:
USA

Chocolate and peanut butter have been two of my favourite types of food for as long as I can remember. I still remember the moment clearly when, a few years ago, my brother returned from New York with a bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: Miniatures. It was the first time I’d ever tasted the two ingredients together and, whilst initially sceptical, my mind was well and truly blown from the moment I tried my first one.
Since that day, I have tried and baked many products containing these two wonderful foodstuffs, so today I am reviewing one of my all-time favourite products: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.


I don’t know the purchase details of this particular packet as they were a little gift from a family member who clearly knows me very well! However, my assumption is that it came from one of the main UK supermarkets.

I love the familiar bright orange packaging of Reese’s products and I confess I get a little excited whenever I see it. It was with eager anticipation, then, that I opened the wrapper to reveal three tasty-looking cups. 


As usual, the cups had a sweet aroma which was dominated by a strong peanut butter smell. Visually, the ‘chocolate flavoured coating’ was glossy, but I felt the accumulation of stray crumbs on the tops of the cups slightly let down their appearance.

I love the texture of Peanut Butter Cups – the ridged edges caused by the paper cases provide a nice sensation on the tongue, but I also enjoy the soft flexibility of the chocolatey coating, allowing me to bite away the outer layer and eat the peanut butter centre separately, if the mood takes me! It would be good if Reese’s used real chocolate for the coating but I do find the sweet substitute they use does work well with the peanut butter.


The star of the show in these cups, for me, is the peanut butter itself. Whilst I’d describe the flavour as standard for peanut butter, its smooth texture, along with its dominance, really makes this product irresistible.


In summary, this packet of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups tasted as beautiful as ever. If you, like me, are a lover of all things chocolatey and peanut buttery, you really do need to try these if you haven’t already. 


Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
9/10
Texture:
9/10
Overall score:
8.25/10

4 comments:

  1. Massive fan of Reese's cups! Have you tried the white chocolate ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! White chocolate's my all-time favourite so I couldn't wait to try it with peanut butter. That said, I've only had them once so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more, but yeah the white chocolate ones kick the milks butt every-time. Great review literally started salivating at the article, perhaps too much info there sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if that's too much information, I'm guilty too - I've made the same comment on other blogs before.

      Glad you enjoyed the review :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...