Monday 15 July 2013

Milka Cream



Product name: Milka Cream
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a 100g bar or buy two get one free (Poundworld)
Calories:
152 per 25g portion (605 per bar)
Country of origin:
Germany

I love Milka chocolate so was delighted when I found some previously untried flavours on a three for two deal in Poundworld.
 

The flavour I’m reviewing first is Milka Cream which is the usual Milka milk chocolate with a ‘cream flavour filling’.


On opening the recognisable purple wrapper, I immediately noticed the familiar Milka smell which had a slight nutty element to it. I wasn’t sure if I was imagining this, but on checking the ingredients, I realised that this chocolate contains hazelnut paste.



The chocolate itself was well-presented, although it had had difficulty coping in the current heatwave due to my refusal to refrigerate chocolate! As a result, the bar was very soft and actually bent when breaking off each square, but I found this actually added to my enjoyment of the bar, aside from the stickiness of the cream’s edges.



Put simply, Milka Cream melts beautifully. The bottom layer of chocolate melts gradually but then releases a rush of cream that melts more quickly, leaving the final layer of chocolate on the tongue – sensational. The cream itself was so, so smooth and similar to praline with its hints of hazelnut.

This chocolate was also nice to chew and, eaten this way, provided a more chocolatey than milky taste, with the cocoa becoming more apparent.

In summary, Milka Cream does what it says on the tin. It’s quite a simple bar of chocolate but there’s something about it that makes it feel special.  

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...