Wednesday 17 July 2013

Milka Hazelnuts



Product name: Milka Hazelnuts
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a 100g bar or buy two get one free (Poundworld)
Calories:
135 per 25g portion (540 per bar)
Country of origin:
Germany


I picked up this bar of Milka Hazelnuts in the three for two offer at Poundworld recently. Admittedly, I chose this as my ‘free’ bar, but I was still eager to try it as it was another variety I hadn’t sampled before.


Presented in a standard Milka wrapper, I was hit with a strong scent of hazelnuts as soon as I opened the bar. This was very welcome and not at all dissimilar to Nutella chocolate spread. The chocolate itself was, visually, as expected for this kind of bar, although it contained 24 small squares rather than the 15 larger ones that made up Milka Cream (see here) – presumably as the squares didn’t have to hold as much filling! However, I was pleased to see that lots of small pieces of hazelnut were clearly visible through the base of the bar.


This bar was the usual creamy Milka alpine milk chocolate, and as a result, the chocolate itself melted easily and smoothly. However, I would not recommend this way of consuming the bar as it caused spiky remnants of nuts to be left behind which was actually quite uncomfortable on the roof of the mouth. However, these same nuts provided a lovely crunch when chewing the chocolate.


Due to the appearance and aroma of Milka Hazelnuts, I thought it would have a praline taste, yet I found the flavours of the chocolate and the nuts to be very separate but well-balanced. There was also the occasional emergence of a particularly strong toasted nut taste which was also enjoyable. 

Overall, I found this bar to be very satisfying. I can’t pretend it’s the most exciting chocolate I’ve ever eaten but it certainly filled a hole and it was delicious. 

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
8.5/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.88/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...