Friday 5 July 2013

Klik Cornflakes



Product name: Klik Cornflakes
Purchase details:
£1.40 for a 75g bag (Tesco Superstore)
Calories:
363 per bag (484 per 100g)
Country of origin:
Israel



I stumbled upon Klik Cornflakes when walking past the ‘Foods of the World’ section in Tesco. Described as ‘milk chocolate coated cornflakes’, they don’t sound particularly exciting, so I don’t know quite what compelled me to buy them – I’m just a sucker for anything I’ve not tried before!

Like many children, growing up, I consumed my fair share of cornflake cakes. Based on these experiences, I expected the simplicity of this product to be nice enough, but I can’t say I had high hopes for what was essentially cornflakes dipped in chocolate.

When I opened the bag, I was surprised and slightly concerned by the waxy feel of the chocolate. However, I needn’t have worried about what this meant about the quality as it actually felt lovely on the tongue. The smooth chocolate blended well with the bumpy surface of the cornflakes and, although it resulted in a lack of melting experience, the chocolate also felt pleasantly cool.


The cornflakes came in various sizes. Most of them were unusually small, but I preferred the larger ones as they had a bigger surface area for better chocolate coverage! I particularly enjoyed the few rogue cornflakes that had stuck together as these provided an extra crunch to what was already a very crispy product.


The area where I was slightly disappointed was the aroma which, whilst slightly chocolatey, was pretty much non-existent. However, what I did particularly like about the product was the fact that, because the main ingredient was cornflakes and, therefore, light in weight, I felt like I was getting a large snack due to the size of the portion. For this reason, I thought it would make a good cinema snack, particularly as it tasted and felt very good in small handfuls. 

All in all, I would describe this product as pleasant chocolates with added crisp. I would certainly be happy to eat these again but, at the price, I wouldn’t choose them over cheaper UK products which are a little less basic. 

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
6/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...