Saturday 13 July 2013

Green & Black's Organic: Creamy milk


Product name: Green & Black’s Organic: Creamy milk
Purchase details: Higgidy
Calories:
196 per 35g bar
Country of origin:
UK

I was sent this 35g bar of Green & Black’s Organic: Creamy milk as part of my Higgidy picnic prize (see here). I have to admit that I’ve not eaten much Green & Black’s chocolate in my life so I was intrigued to see how it compared to my usual confectionery choices.


I thought, whilst fairly simple, the wrapper made the product look attractive, with the embossed gold text adding some class. Inside, the chocolate continued the theme of simple elegance, with each square containing an imprint of the Green & Black’s logo, and emitting a cocoa aroma.



Since the wrapper describes how this chocolate ‘melts in the mouth effortlessly’, I decided to try this method of consumption first. It’s certainly true that it did melt on the tongue, but I noted that it did so with quite a thick, stiff texture – it wasn’t the silky experience I’d been expecting. I also found that, despite only containing 32% cocoa, the chocolate had a slight bitterness to it when left to melt. In fact, it almost tasted like it had been infused with alcohol. Whilst this was not unpleasant, I didn’t feel that it matched the name of its variety: Creamy milk.


I proceeded to try chewing some of the squares and discovered that this resulted in far more milk chocolatey flavour which was no longer bitter. I much preferred consuming the bar in this way to the extent that, the more I ate, the more I wanted!

I would describe this bar as good quality chocolate, but I can’t say it’s the best I’ve tasted. However, I did it enjoy it as a change from my usual brands, and would happily have eaten a bigger bar as it was so addictive. Due to the attractive presentation of the bar, I’d also happily give a larger version to somebody as a gift. 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...