Thursday 30 October 2014

Nakd Rhubarb & Custard



Product name: Nakd Rhubarb & Custard
Purchase details:
£0.75 for a 35g bar or four for three, cheapest product free (tesco.com)
Calories:
128 per bar
Country of origin:
Britain

I was really intrigued by this variety of Nakd as I loved rhubarb crumbles with custard when I was a kid, but also knew that I don’t like rhubarb to be too tart, and that part of the joy of custard is the texture. I wasn’t sure what angle this bar would take but, hey, I knew I at least liked its purple and yellow wrapper!


This Natural Balance Foods bar was along the same lines as the Strawberry Crunch in terms of features but the variety contained the fewest number of ingredients out of the ones I’ve reviewed so far – it simply consisted of dates (55%), cashews (25%), raisins (19%), and a ‘hint of natural flavours’ which is presumably where the rhubarb and custard taste was going to come from!


The natural, fruity stick still wasn’t the most attractive in the world, but it had more of a dark pink appearance than the other ones I’ve tried. Its overall style was the same but I did like to see that the cashew nuts inside were pretty large. Its scent was slightly unusual but seemed to be a combination between raisins and jelly.


On trying this Nakd Rhubarb & Custard, my first thought was that it tasted a bit like purple Rowntree’s Fruit Pastilles – my favourite type! However, I could also taste the nuts, and there was a mellow vanilla flavour that was a bit custard-like and built nicely into a more dominant feature. Thankfully, there was no tartness, but a nice, sweet fruity flavour at an attempt at rhubarb. I was actually quite surprised that the product was dairy-free and that there was no added sugar since there was a bit of a creamy flavour mixed in with the delicious sweetness too.

This soft bar with added crunch was definitely my favourite from the range so far and one I’d definitely want to buy again. Yummy!

Appearance: 6.5/10
Aroma:
6/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...