Friday 24 October 2014

Cadbury Caramello



Product name: Cadbury Caramello
Purchase details:
£1.79 for a 45g bar (Mr Simms)
Calories:
220 per bar
Country of origin:
USA

I’ve wanted to try the Cadbury Caramello for ages but have never managed to find it. For that reason, when I finally came across it in Mr Simms, I was prepared to pay more for it than I would normally on a bar of this size.


Containing ‘creamy caramel’, I was intrigued to see just how different it was from the Dairy Milk: Caramel, although I was aware that the chocolate itself wasn’t Dairy Milk, despite the almost identical packaging (there was just more emphasis on the purple than the yellow and the name looked like it had been written in caramel)!


The bar was distributed by The Hershey Company and the image on the wrapper looked absolutely delicious. Divided into four chunky, brand-imprinted squares, it had suffered some significant leakage so I quickly discovered just how unbelievably sticky the filling was.


The bar had a sweet and creamy scent which I would have liked to have been stronger but I was much more interested in the flavour...


The amber caramel was so buttery that it was unreal. It was nice and gooey too and really reminded me of the Galaxy Caramel’s (reviewed here here) combination of runny caramel and creamy chocolate. Unfortunately, though, I felt that the Cadbury chocolate used here ruined the experience somewhat. It was quite brittle, didn’t really melt, and was not very flavoursome either. The caramel certainly did lift it but, to be honest, I would have been happy to just eat a pot of it on its own!


All things considered, I think if you put this caramel into a bar of Dairy Milk, you’d be onto one heck of a winner.

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
6.5/10
Overall score:
6.88/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...