Saturday 25 October 2014

Kinder Bueno



Product name: Kinder Bueno
Purchase details:
£0.70 for a 43g bar or three for £1.20 (Tesco Superstore)
Calories:
122 per 21.5g finger (244 per bar)
Country of origin:
UK

I’ve never met anybody who doesn’t like Ferrero’s Kinder Bueno – a light yet satisfying ‘milk and hazelnut’ chocolate bar.


Presented in the brand’s familiar milk-white and red packaging, there was also a nice image of the inner product which was divided into two individually-wrapped fingers. A portion was only supposed to be one of these but I can honestly say I’ve never saved the other one until later!


Each finger was divided into four segments which weren’t too dissimilar from the Cadbury Crispello pieces. These cubes of ‘milk chocolate covered wafer’ were much fuller of their ‘smooth milky and hazelnut filling’, though, and were finished with a nice drizzle of darker chocolate too.


The bar had a light nutty scent with a hint of milk chocolate and I thought its 10.5% hazelnut content seemed pretty good going. These nuts were present in the very pale beige filling which had been smooth to cut through and also proved to be incredibly soft – hence the little dent where I accidentally knocked it with my finger! In the mouth, its smoothness continued, and it was lovely and thick too. I could taste both the milk and the nuts and this combination dominated the product’s flavour.

 
Despite containing 31.5% chocolate, this aspect wasn’t very noticeable, although it did add something a little extra to the crispy wafer and filling. It was clear from each finger’s base that the coating wasn’t particularly thick but it did still manage to provide relatively strong cocoa flavours if left to melt. Sucking each piece also provided the added advantage of the three components dissolving together.


I hadn’t had a Kinder Bueno for a while but I was pleased to find it hadn’t changed – as well as the great taste, I particularly loved how the filling had a habit of sticking to the roof the mouth. Delicious! 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8.5/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...