Monday 5 May 2014

Fox's Party Rings: Blueberry muffin



Product name: Fox’s Party Rings: Blueberry muffin
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a 125g packet or two for £1.00 (Poundworld)
Calories:
28 per biscuit
Country of origin:
UK 


These Fox’s Party Rings: Blueberry muffin ‘iced shortcake rings’, like the Crunch Creams: Key lime pie, were part of the Vinnie’s Tastes of America range. As a result, the packaging again featured a background of the American flag, as well as the unappetising picture of Vinnie the panda! However, I did love the mid-blue colour that reflected the flavour.


I was really keen to try these biscuits as blueberry is a flavour I’ve never even heard of before in this kind of format. The biscuits were the same type of purple shade as some of the ordinary Party Rings, although the decorative ripple on this variety was white rather than yellow.

These Blueberry muffin Party Rings had an unusual aroma in that they maintained the sugary sweet scent I associate with the original product but this was combined with a deeper blueberry scent which was just as evident.


Texturally, these biscuits were the same as both standard Party Rings and the Party: Choc rings that I’ve previously reviewed. The crunchiness of the biscuit combined well with the crispy sugary shell and, for the first time, I tried sucking a biscuit too. I don’t know if this works as well with the other varieties but it was certainly a pleasant alternative here. Whilst the overall effect was a dissolving one, the icing itself felt and tasted lovely and juicy and helped release more of the blueberry flavour.


When chewing the biscuits, I did find they tasted quite similar to standard Party Rings as they remained pretty sugary, but there was a mellow hint of blueberry that did do a pretty good job of reflecting a blueberry muffin’s flavour. As the biscuit crumbled in the mouth, it also reminded me of a slightly down-market pie!

These were definitely a vast improvement on the Party: Choc rings and, whilst not hugely different from the original Party Rings, they were enough of a novelty to make me want to choose this variety in future!

Appearance: 8.5/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...