Saturday 4 January 2014

Brontë Clotted Cream Shortbread


Product name: Brontë Clotted Cream Shortbread
Country of origin:
UK
 

I don’t know whether it’s just me, but I always find the concept of shortbread quite boring, but the reality is a really tasty treat! With that in mind, I thought this pack of two ‘indulgent traditional shortbread rounds made with clotted cream’ were likely to go down well.


Once again, I obtained this Brontë Clotted Cream Shortbread from a recent hotel trip, and the basic details remained the same as the other Paterson Arran Ltd biscuits I’ve reviewed, in terms of packaging.


The biscuits were very plain in appearance and there was something about their slightly domed shape and pale colouring that made me think they should taste like lemon. I was slightly surprised that the shortbread hadn’t been sprinkled with sugar but, reading the ingredients, they seemed indulgent enough with their 34% salted butter and 7% clotted cream contents!

The biscuits were pretty standard for shortbread but this didn’t make them any less delicious. They had the usual, buttery shortbread smell and a great taste. I was pleased that the cream was really noticeable, particularly in the aftertaste.


I also loved the texture which consisted of a fantastic, slightly powdery crunch. This allowed the biscuits to be broken down in the mouth but then almost meld together again before swallowing.

I think it’s fair to say that, sometimes, simple is best. 

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...