Thursday 5 December 2013

Hershey's Mr. Goodbar



Product name: Hershey’s Mr. Goodbar
Purchase details:
£0.25 for a 9g bar (United States Grocery)
Calories:
42 per bar
Country of origin:
USA
 

When I used the remainder of my Living Social voucher for United States Grocery on some Hershey's Krackel chocolates, I also picked up a couple of these Mr. Goodbar equivalents.


Simply ‘made with chocolate and peanuts’, these little bars came in basic but distinctive yellow wrappers with red writing. The chocolate itself didn’t look quite as dark in appearance as the Krackel although it did have the same strong scent, albeit with a very, very slight peanut buttery scent (well, just peanuts really!). The general shape and design of the bar was the same, with nuts visible through the base rather than crisped rice, and the white flecks from these were also evident on the inside of the lower part of the chocolate.


I found the Mr. Goodbar to be even less enjoyable than the Krackel when melting since the chocolate had the same slightly bizarre texture and, combined with the jagged nuts, this wasn’t ideal. However, it was wonderfully crunchy to chew and I was surprised at just how nut-filled the bar was.


The chocolate had the same quite dark taste but I found this less overpowering. However, I did wonder if this was because of the presence of the additional nutty flavour rather than a change in the chocolate recipe.


Whilst still a relatively plain-tasting chocolate, this bar had a bit more going on than the Krackel due to the nuts. It wasn’t in the same league as a Cadbury product, say, but it was still better than I thought it might have been! 

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
6.5/10
Texture:
6/10
Overall score:
6.63/10

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff, my friend's dad used to work in America at times and would bring us some of this back.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...