Friday 18 April 2014

McVitie's Galaxy: Slices (cookie crumble)



Product name: McVitie’s Galaxy: Slices (cookie crumble)
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a pack of six slices (tesco.com)
Calories:
150 per slice
Country of origin:
UK


I recently spotted these McVitie’s Galaxy: Slices (cookie crumble) online and I just had to give them a go as Galaxy is my favourite chocolate. I’d not seen or heard of these before and the image on the website had the word ‘new’ on the packaging. However, this pack didn’t, so I don’t know if these have been around for a while or not!


These individually wrapped slices were baked for Mars UK and came in a packet that featured the usual Galaxy branding with purple features. It contained mouth-watering photographs of moist-looking biscuit bases topped with a smooth and thick milk chocolate topping. 


Pleasingly, the reality was exactly the same – always a bonus! The deep brown ‘crumbly cookie base’ looked a bit like tiffin, and I couldn’t help but agree with the description of ‘a generous layer of Galaxy milk chocolate’. It contributed to 23% of each 27.5g bar, in fact!


I’ve had the Galaxy Cookie Crumble chocolate bar before but I was interested to see how the combination worked with the biscuit being the dominant feature (46% of the product was simply ‘crushed cookies’). 


The slices had a really buttery scent with a hint of creamy Galaxy, and the texture was soft with a crunchy resistance. There was a lovely sweet and syrupy biscuit taste which mixed well with the cooling chocolate. I was particularly pleased that the creaminess of Galaxy’s unique flavour, whilst not overpowering, was still very noticeable.


I thoroughly enjoyed these McVitie’s Galaxy: Slices (cookie crumble) – much more so than similar products I’ve tried!


Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...