Thursday 3 October 2013

Hill Biscuits Snack Packs: Orange creams



Product name: Hill Biscuits Snack Packs: Orange creams
Purchase details:
£0.89 for a multipack of six packs of six biscuits (Home Bargains)
Calories:
63 per biscuit (378 per pack)
Country of origin:
UK


Following my reviews of Custard creams and Chocolate creams, it’s now time for the first of my reviews of the more exciting varieties on offer in my Hill Biscuits Snack Packs multipack – the Orange creams.


These were identical in appearance to the Custard creams except the cream, whilst not orange, was slightly darker in colour.


I loved the orange aroma that emitted from these biscuits and found it reminiscent of the Jacob’s Club: Orange chocolate bars I used to have as a kid. The only downside of this was that it tricked my mind into thinking I was about to get some chocolate! 

The biscuits themselves had an orangey taste but it was unclear if they were infused with this flavour or whether it was just the result of being in contact with the cream filling. I did think it was a pretty strong flavour, if the latter, though.

 
I tried a bit of the orange cream on its own and found it to be slightly grainy (although this wasn’t noticeable when eaten with the biscuit). Taste-wise, it was actually quite vanilla-like and sweet, initially, but it did have a tangy aftertaste.

When eating the biscuits properly, they were texturally the same as the other varieties, and I found the flavours were decent and went really well together – they were generally sweet but had a bit of a kick from the tangy orange.

For a bargain product, these biscuits were impressive!

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...