Sunday 17 August 2014

Nestlé Milkybar



Product name: Nestlé Milkybar
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a multipack of four bars (Poundworld)
Calories:
137 per 25g bar
Country of origin:
UK 

White chocolate has always been a favourite of mine so, as a kid, I loved the Nestlé Milkybar. Even now, the pale yellow and red packaging, with a splash of milk, conjures up warm feelings inside me. Having wondered back in March, when I reviewed the Milkybar: Mini eggs, why I don’t often eat the brand anymore, I decided it was about time I took a trip down memory lane.


These bars only contained natural ingredients and I really liked how these had been displayed on the wrapper. Recognising the young age of the target market, the back of the wrapper listed the ingredients within a drawing of a glass of milk, and gave explanations for some of the inclusions (e.g. ‘emulsifier lecithin’ was described as being ‘made from soya beans’ and said that it ‘holds the ingredients together’). The imagery of the Milkybar Kid, rather than your average stick man, throwing the empty wrapper in the bin was also a nice touch.


The creamy yellow bars were moulded into a flat shape that had a cute design of the Milkybar Kid with his horse and some stars – very child-friendly.  Each bar contained 26% dried whole milk and I found that their scent was milkier than a lot of other white chocolates I’ve tried. The sweetness almost seemed like an afterthought, even though the main ingredient was sugar!


As I found with the Mini eggs, the chocolate’s taste really reminded me of the outer shell of a Wall’s Magnum: White. It had a really milky and sweet flavour which was very pleasant.


Despite the thin shape, the chocolate also had a thick melt and a chunky chew. My only gripe was that, when chewing, the chocolate tended to remain in separate pieces within the mouth rather than merging together to form one delicious mass – it just wasn’t as smooth as it could have been.


I did still enjoy these innocent little bars, though, and I can see them becoming a more regular purchase in future.

Appearance: 8.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...