Sunday 31 August 2014

Huttons of Windermere Old Bank House Chocolate Shop: Milk chocolate bar



Product name: Huttons of Windermere Old Bank House Chocolate Shop: Milk chocolate bar
Purchase details:
Old Bank House Chocolate Shop
Country of origin:
England

I was recently given this 100g bar of chocolate from my sister and brother-in-law as a thank you for looking after their cat when they went to the Lake District.


Confusingly, the Huttons of Windermere website says they make their own chocolate, but the base of the simple, gold cardboard box said my bar had been made by Whitakers Chocolates Ltd – confusing!


The milk chocolate contained a minimum of 25% cocoa solids and 14% milk solids and was divided into seven very chunky pyramids with a stripy design.


Bizarrely, there seemed to be an element of mint in both the aroma and the flavour – I think it was my imagination rather than contamination! On the whole, though, it had the milky taste of most souvenir chocolates of this kind.


The pieces were a bit too big for the mouth but they did have a nice, thick melt. I tended to get bored part way through and chew the remainder, though, as I loved the snap and density of the chocolate.

 
I very much enjoyed this bar of chocolate and hope to visit the Old Bank House Chocolate Shop myself one day to see what other treats I can find!

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
6.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.13/10

2 comments:

  1. I love the design of those blocks, it looks very cool! They *should* have made them mint flavoured or even filled them with mint cream...they'd have been like the Terry's Pyramint then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a great design - I liked that it was kind of like a Toblerone but not!

      I'm afraid the Pyramint was before my time ;)

      Delete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...