Sunday 3 August 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Lu



Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Lu
Purchase details:
£0.50 for a 35g bar (tesco.com)
Calories:
180 per bar
Country of origin:
UK

Cadbury released the Dairy Milk: Lu bar at the same time as the Ritz version and this really was like déjà vu as I’d previously had the Milka Lu from Monster Sweets.


The overall wrapper and product design was the same as with the Ritz but I particularly liked the metallic blue colour used on this wrapper.


Since this product simply contained ‘sweet biscuits’ in addition to the usual Dairy Milk chocolate, it was much less innovative than some of the other varieties available. However, I expected them to make more of an impact than the Ritz crackers had done as there were still eight biscuits but, this time, only 69% of the bar was chocolate.


The Dairy Milk scent was as normal but I was surprised that the sweet, buttery biscuit also made an impact, resulting in an aroma not dissimilar from the biscuit selection boxes that are often gifted at Christmas.


As expected, the chocolate tasted like the usual Dairy Milk, but I did find the biscuits weren’t very flavourful. Strangely, though, the combined ingredients did sometimes produce a taste that reminded me of bananas.


The hard, crunchy biscuits definitely made a much bigger impact on the texture, with their size making the chocolate a bit less prominent than normal.

There was definitely nothing wrong with this bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk: Lu but it just didn’t excite me in any way. I definitely preferred the sweet and salty contrast provided by the Ritz alternative so that would be the bar I’d buy again.

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...