Wednesday 6 August 2014

Maltesers Malteaster



Product name: Maltesers Malteaster
Purchase details:
£0.60 for a 29g bar or three for £1.20 (Tesco Superstore)
Calories:
156 per bar

My willpower must be better than I thought since I bought this Maltesers Malteaster bunny as soon as they were available (months before Easter) but it’s only now we’re in August that I’ve eaten it! You’ll just have to believe me when I say I was genuinely excited that they were back on sale.

As a big fan of Maltesers, as well as the Teasers bars and Celebrations, it’s only right that I’d be a fan of this milk chocolate treat filled with a ‘crunchy’ and ‘creamy Maltesers centre’.


The snack was made for the UK and Ireland by Mars and came in a glossy red wrapper that featured a picture of a chocolate bunny poking out of a hole with part of its ear bitten off. I thought this was a bit cruel but it did say it was suitable for vegetarians, and it even stated that ‘no actual Maltesers were hurt during the making of this bunny’ – thank goodness for that!


The shape of the actual chocolate gave the bunny quite an active pose but, apart from that, it wasn’t very detailed. I must also confess that I cut the ears off, myself, to reveal the pale brown ‘creamy malt filling’ (31%) that almost looked like nougat but without the squidgy or airy texture. Within this were ‘crisp, light honeycombed pieces’ (5.5%) that were presented as lots of tiny balls.


The cleverly-named Malteaster had a sweet, malted chocolate scent, although I would have liked it to be stronger. Taste-wise, it was very sweet with a creamy, Galaxy-like chocolate, and I thoroughly enjoyed the soft, thick texture with added crisp too.

Hurry up, please, Easter 2015!

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
7.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...