Tuesday 22 July 2014

Walkers Pops: Sour cream & onion



Product name: Walkers Pops: Sour cream & onion
Purchase details:
£0.79 for a 23g bag (Tesco)
Calories:
102 per bag

Tonight’s my final review of the Walkers Pops range. These Sour cream & onion crisps cost a little more than the Melted cheese & crispy bacon and Original versions since they’d sold out when I went to buy them and, by the time I found them again, they were no longer on offer!

 
The majority of the information for this UK and Ireland-marketed snack remained unchanged so I won’t go into much detail.


The Pops came in a bag that was the kind of shade of green that’s often associated with the flavour on offer, and the potato discs had visible green flecks which made me think of chives. Their scent was slightly vinegary with a hint of herbs.


Rightly or wrongly, I think of sour cream and onion as being intrinsically linked with Pringles, so I can’t help but draw comparisons here in terms of taste. The flavour was very similar to the ‘green’ Pringles but not quite as strong. I quite liked this, though, as it allowed the potato’s own flavour to come through. Overall, the powdered seasoning tingled the tongue a little, and mixed onion, herbs and salt into a very enjoyable whole.


These Walkers Pops: Sour cream & onion were definitely my favourite of the lot so I’m glad they’re the ones I ended up paying more for!

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
9/10
Overall score:
7.88/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...