Wednesday 2 July 2014

Fox's Party Rings



Product name: Fox’s Party Rings
Purchase details:
£0.59 for a 125g packet (Home Bargains)
Calories:
29 per biscuit
Country of origin:
UK
 


The day of reviewing the original Fox’s Party Rings is finally upon us! I think I’ve posted about every other variety going but tonight it’s back to basics. I’ve mentioned before that I use these as a ‘filler’ snack due to their low calorie content but I can’t pretend that a little part of me doesn’t still get excited by them. My parents never bought them when I was growing up so they always felt such a treat when I got to have them at other kids’ parties and at my godmother’s house. It’s the little things...


Anyway, these biscuits cam in fun, child-friendly packaging – I loved the shade of blue and the colourful logo that reflected the biscuits within. There were also little doodles of objects to appeal to both genders, such as cars and flowers, so I was a bit confused when all of the ‘colourful, crunchy, iced ring biscuits’ were such girly shades of pink and yellow. I’d never appreciated that before, although I still thought the variety of hues was attractive and provided a bit more interest than the Blueberry muffin version, despite the overall appearance being the same.


Once more, the Party Rings contained no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and, to my mild dismay, I found that they didn’t have the fairly strong and sugary scent I remember – I’d been hoping that was just a characteristic of the Footballs!


Thankfully, the other aspects of these shortcake biscuits remained as I had hoped. They had the exact same taste as the Party Footballs and the same texture as the Blueberry muffin Party Rings – all good stuff.

 
I don’t care how old I get, I’ll be buying these for years to come!

Appearance: 8.5/10
Aroma:
5.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...