Tuesday 29 July 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Ritz



Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Ritz
Purchase details:
£0.50 for a 35g bar (tesco.com)
Calories:
183 per bar
Country of origin:
UK 

Although new to Cadbury, I first tried the combination of milk chocolate and ‘salted crackers’ over a year ago, thanks to Monster Sweets who sell the Milka Tuc bar. Although I acknowledge that teaming chocolate with ‘moreish crackers’ sounds a bit weird, I knew from this previous experience that it definitely works!

This Dairy Milk: Ritz bar was made by Mondelez and featured the usual Dairy Milk chocolate recipe that made up 80% of the overall product. Bearing in mind that this still left room for eight crackers, I figured they must be really small.


The wrapper gave an indication of the bar’s unusual shape – it was wider and flatter than most Cadbury bars and it contained crackers on each side. I thought their positioning made the bar look like a little window! There was also a chocolate teapot on the packaging which, whilst completely random, did make me smile.


The chocolate was pretty thick but, due to the heat, it had a soft break to it. It had the usual Dairy Milky scent that had combined with a slightly salty, savoury smell. However, the aroma as a whole wasn’t very strong.


The style of the salty crackers confused me slightly as they had the very crispy texture of McVitie’s Mini Cheddars so I kept expecting a cheesy flavour to follow. Thankfully, in the circumstances, this wasn’t the case, so I really enjoyed the contrast between this savoury aspect and the sweet, delicious Dairy Milk which was by far the dominant flavour.


Although the chocolate in my bar was bit softer than normal, it remained nice and solid and the texture was another good contrast with the Ritz. The crackers did mean it was a Dairy Milk product that couldn’t easily be sucked, but I didn’t find this was a problem when the alternative was so satisfying.


I’m really glad to see Cadbury continuing to branch out with their available varieties.

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...