Sunday 6 April 2014

Thorntons Harry Hopalot (smooth chocolatey filling)



Product name: Thorntons Harry Hopalot (smooth chocolatey filling)
Purchase details:
£0.60 for a 24g bar or three for £1.20 (Tesco Superstore)
Calories:
138 per bar
Country of origin:
England 

I decided to buy a few little Easter treats on offer in Tesco and this Thorntons Harry Hopalot (smooth chocolatey filling) was one of them. It came in a green and orange wrapper and featured a cute cartoon of Harry.


The ‘milk chocolate with smooth chocolate truffle (42%) filling’ contained a minimum of 30% cocoa solids and 20% milk solids and was pretty much the same product as the The Snowman chocolate truffle from the Thorntons The Snowman and the Snowdog: Christmas selection box that I’ve previously reviewed. However, this bar had a higher proportion of truffle.


I loved Harry Hopalot’s appearance of a bunny rabbit holding an Easter egg. He had a smooth, pale filling and smelt decently of chocolate. The shape also meant this bar was a bit chunkier than the snowman-shaped chocolate truffle so I enjoyed this aspect.


In terms of flavour, there was no difference. It was still very chocolatey (and a bit like Lindt Lindor) but, unfortunately, not that exciting. However, there was certainly nothing wrong with Harry, and I found this to be a nice novelty product.

Appearance: 9/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.75/10

2 comments:

  1. this is so cute, I want one just for the cute factor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I must say Thorntons are good at presentation :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...