Thursday 17 April 2014

Shaken Udder Banana!



Product name: Shaken Udder Banana!
Purchase details:
£0.39 for a 200ml carton or three for £1.00 (Home Bargains)
Calories:
136 per carton
Country of origin:
England 

Tonight’s review is my last of the Shaken Udder range designed for kids: Banana!


The concept and health claims of this product were the same as the Chocolate! and Strawberry! versions, and it came in a bright yellow carton.


The drink was made from ‘real banana’ and contained 94% semi-skimmed milk and 1% banana puree. The liquid pretty much looked like standard milk but it did have a very, very slight yellow tinge to it, and I noticed that it had been coloured by pumpkin and apple concentrates. Unusually, I found the scent of the milk itself to be stronger than the banana, but there was still a slight aroma of the latter present too.

As always, I chilled and shook the carton before opening. The milkshake still wasn’t quite as thick as I’d like but it did have a lovely creamy smooth texture. I somehow managed to lose the straw from my carton so I was unable to try drinking it in this way but, presumably, this would have made it feel a little thicker.

The banana flavour was noticeable but quite subtle – it tasted sweet and almost vanilla-like. I did think there was a slightly artificial element to the taste, too, but this was almost not worth mentioning compared to many other milkshakes I’ve had in my time.

What I enjoyed most about this Shaken Udder Banana! drink was just how refreshing it was. It was obviously more of a treat than a standard glass of milk but it didn’t provide the heaviness or sickliness that so many other flavoured milks and shakes do. As a result, this will be my variety of choice in future.

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...