Wednesday 12 March 2014

Cadbury Fudge



Product name: Cadbury Fudge
Calories:
115 for a 25.5g bar
Country of origin:
UK
 

This bar of Cadbury Fudge was another item included in the Christmas selection pack I received as a gift.  


Without being overly harsh, this was another children’s product that, historically, I’m not a fan of – give me a tub of Heroes and I’ll leave the Fudge ones for someone else. However, I thought it would be rude not to give it another chance, and at least I knew it wouldn’t be as frustratingly chewy as the Chomp! 


The ‘fudge covered with milk chocolate (24%)’ bar was quite narrow and cylindrical in shape and came in a distinctive orange wrapper with pale blue text. Inside, the fudge itself appeared to be two-tone, with the upper half being a bit darker and smoother than the fluffier bottom section. I did wonder if this was just the way I had cut the bar, though, although I did still find its colour was a lot paler than I had remembered it. 


The chocolate emitted a sweet, milky smell but didn’t do much to impact the taste buds. However, I don’t mean this as a criticism, since the fudge itself was far nicer than I remembered it! It wasn’t the best I’ve ever had but it had a very sweet taste, with a hint of vanilla, and I genuinely ended up enjoying it. 


I can’t deny its sugariness, particularly when combined with its slightly grainy texture, but it was also soft and, whilst slightly chewy, it didn’t take ages to swallow. However, I wouldn’t recommend sucking the fudge as it had a tendency to stick to the roof of the mouth and almost cause choking! 

I was pleasantly surprised by this Cadbury Fudge and I think it’s safe to say I’ll no longer be sharing my Heroes. 

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...