Monday 3 March 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Hoppy bunny



Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Hoppy bunny
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a 100g bar (tesco.com)
Calories:
133 per 25g serving (530 per bar)
Country of origin:
UK
 

In the run-up to Christmas, I reviewed the Cadbury Dairy Milk: Winter wonderland bar and found that, as tasty as it was, the thing that made it different from standard Dairy Milk chocolate was its appearance. Did that stop me trying the limited edition Easter version? Er...no! 


This Hoppy bunny ‘milk chocolate with white chocolate bunnies’ came in a Cadbury purple wrapper that contained an image of a milk chocolate square and white chocolate bunny. In reality, these bunnies sat atop the chocolate, so there was no innovative shape linkage like there had been with the Winter wonderland. As a little aside, I did love how the letter ‘O’ on the word ‘Hoppy’ was made to look like it was bouncing, though!


Like with the Winter wonderland bar, this Mondelez product contained 12% white chocolate and, I have to say, it did look like a pretty thin layer. I actually managed to cut one of the bunnies off the milk chocolate to try it on its own and, disappointingly, it didn’t taste that nice! It was very sweet but there just didn’t seem to be anything additional in its flavour – I certainly wouldn’t have recognised it as white chocolate if I hadn’t known. Thankfully, though, it still tasted great when combined with the milk chocolate. 


I’m not going to say anything further on the smell, taste or texture, since it was exactly the same as the Winter wonderland bar so you might as well read that review instead! However, I did know this would be the case prior to purchase, so that speaks for itself in terms of whether or not I’d recommend the product. 


Appearance: 8.5/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
8.13/10

1 comment:

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...