Thursday 26 December 2013

Toblerone of Switzerland (milk chocolate)



Product name: Toblerone of Switzerland (milk chocolate)
Calories:
32 per 6g bar
 


Toblerone is one of my favourite products so I thought I’d cheat a bit today and review it in the form of this tiny 6g bar that I got given in church a few weeks ago from a big tub of Cadbury Heroes. Regardless of whether or not I thought it was a good thing that Kraft (now Mondelez) took over Cadbury, I do love the decision they made to replace the Bournville chocolates with these mini pyramids.


I obtained the nutritional information about this ‘Swiss milk chocolate with honey and almond nougat’ from their website, where I also discovered a bit more about the ingredients (since the miniature pale yellow and red wrapper didn’t contain any of these details!) – the chocolate contained a minimum of 28% cocoa solids and 14% milk solids, and also consisted of 10% nougat, 3% honey and 1.6% almonds.


The appearance of this iconic chocolate was exactly as normal – it had simply been reduced in size and contained only three triangular pieces. Flecks of nougat and almond were visible throughout and it even had the brand name imprinted on the side of the bar. There was also a mild smell of chocolate, as well as a hint of additional sweetness which seemed to be from the honey.


I always find that Toblerone has a unique flavour and this didn’t disappoint. I could really taste the honey in the milky chocolate as it provided a deep sugary sweetness, and I loved how the bittiness form the chewy nougat and crunchy almond tricked the mind into thinking of crystallised honey.
 

Despite its tiny form, this bar of Toblerone of Switzerland still managed to have its satisfying chunkiness. It really is a winning formula and a gift I’ll never tire of receiving. 


Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...