Sunday 8 December 2013

Galaxy Nut Crunch



Product name: Galaxy Nut Crunch
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a 114g bar (WH Smith)
Calories:
21 per piece (638 per bar)
 

A month and a half after reviewing the new Galaxy Honeycomb Crunch, I’ve finally got around to eating my larger bar of Galaxy Nut Crunch.


Once again, this bar was by Mars, with contact details being given for Poland, Great Britain and Ireland. Here, the classic Galaxy milk chocolate (containing a minimum of 14% milk solids and 25% cocoa solids) also had almond and hazelnut pieces mixed in.


The outer paper sleeve of this bar featured the usual, attractive swirly chocolate design, as well as a small image of the product within. I thought that the foil part of the wrapper was even more pretty since it used the variety’s red colour theme (quite Christmassy, actually!) and was decorated with the Galaxy ‘G’. Overall, the packaging felt fairly luxurious considering the low price I paid for the bar.


The slab was split into fairly small bumpy pieces (again, featuring a ‘G’ for ‘Galaxy’), and their curved shape resulted in the edges of the bar being wavy – a nice, unusual feature. Through the base of the bar, the almonds and hazelnuts (contributing to 4.8% and 4.9% of the product, respectively) were clearly visible, and they were also noticeably scattered through the inside of the chocolate.  In addition, the bar’s aroma was as I’d hoped – really creamy with a slight sweetness.


I must admit that, as a standalone product, ‘smooth and creamy Galaxy chocolate’ is my absolute favourite, and this aspect of the Nut Crunch bar didn’t disappoint. It provided the fantastic silky melt that I’ve come to know and love, and it just had a beautiful, smooth chocolatey texture all round. Its flavour was as delicious as normal and had a really rich taste that caught in the back of the throat.


As for the nuts, these, understandably, interrupted the melt of the chocolate, but they did provide a great crunch. Flavour-wise, I found the hazelnuts to be particularly noticeable and, overall, their addition broke up the sweetness of the bar. That said, I don’t think they actually improved the Galaxy’s taste – they simply added something different. 

 
As a Galaxy product, this was nothing short of delicious, but I really don’t think you can beat the ‘bog-standard’ bar. 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.88/10

1 comment:

  1. I can't eat this because whole nuts make my throat go strange, but my boyfriend loves this!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...