Friday 13 September 2013

Nestlé Quality Street: My green bar



Product name: Nestlé Quality Street: My green bar
Purchase details:
£0.65 for a bar or two for £1.00 (Tesco Superstore)
Calories:
196 per bar
 

I’m ashamed to say that I’ve caved in a bought Christmas products in September – oh well!

Like a lot of people, the green triangles are my favourite chocolates in Quality Street selection boxes and, therefore, the ones I always go for first. At the risk, then, of my blog becoming completely overrun with reviews of products that contain praline or some other form of hazelnut, I decided to try this Nestlé Quality Street: My green bar.


Since it was from the Christmas range, this product came in a festive, sparkly purple and green wrapper which looked very attractive. Like the Wonka bars I’ve recently reviewed, the packaging didn’t state where this bar was made, but York and Switzerland were the two locations specifically mentioned.


The bar consisted of four pieces which were, obviously, triangular in shape, and these were joined together by a chocolate rod. Unbelievably, a serving is only meant to be half a bar which is only two triangles...I don’t think so! Anyway, the milk chocolate was quite glossy in appearance and the hazelnut praline filling, that contributed to 29% of the bar, looked like a smooth truffle in texture, and was slightly paler than its chocolate coating. Surprisingly, the praline only had a very, very mild aroma but, instead, there was a good milky chocolate smell.


I would have been disappointed if this bar didn’t taste like the usual green triangles but, thankfully, it did. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that it was better. The chocolate was the standard Nestlé kind and this melted well, leaving behind a beautifully nutty praline that had a thick, stiff texture that also melted nicely. The area which I thought had been improved was the thickness of the milk chocolate layer which seemed deeper and also better quality than the type used on the usual sweets. This chocolate provided a fantastic crack, when chewed, and then merged nicely with the soft filling. And the chocolate rod that connected the triangles? An added bonus.


I found this bar to be really creamy and flavourful and, although I’m not a coffee drinker, I got the impression that it would go well with a cup. It may not have been an entirely new concept but it was a great variation on an existing product. 


Appearance: 9/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8.5/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
8.25/10

1 comment:

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...