Saturday 21 September 2013

M&M's Cookies: Bite size



Product name: M&M’s Cookies: Bite size
Purchase details:
£1.49 for a 51g bag (A Quarter of Sweets)
Calories:
250 per bag
Country of origin:
USA
 

These M&M’s Cookies: Bite size were made by the Stauffer Biscuit Company and came in a cool metallic brown bag containing decent pictures of the biscuits within, along with a couple of the M&M’s characters. 


From the feel of the bag, I suspected that it didn’t contain many cookies and, on opening, I found this to be true. However, they were bigger than I expected and so I didn’t really feel short-changed by this.


These biscuits were basically mini cookies filled with M&M’s rather than chocolate chips – simples! In fact, I have a memory of baking something very similar in Food Technology back in the day. Understandably, these golden, knobbly cookies were very colourful, with a few M&M’s in each one. This colour spread, though, and so each sweet dyed the bits of biscuits in the immediate vicinity, and tiny flecks of colour also dusted the entire surface of each cookie. Although the chocolate in this product was encased in sugar shells, I was pleased to see that, in places, this had leaked out and looked delicious.


These Bite size biscuits had a decent cookie aroma and were really crunchy, and the size meant it was easy to properly munch on one before reaching for the next. The cookies themselves just tasted like standard shop-bought ones, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could taste a specific flavour from the M&M’s. I’d been expecting a generic chocolate taste but I found that it was a noticeable M&M’s one and I could also detect the sugar shells which added an extra sweetness.

This product provided a general cookie experience with an occasional chocolate hit that offered some softness and moisture. The idea was so simple but the result was so good and addictive – just what you’d want from this kind of product. 

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...