Tuesday 30 September 2014

Elvan Choc'n Roll



Product name: Elvan Choc’n Roll
Purchase details:
£0.10 for an 18g bar (Home Bargains)
Calories:
93 per bar
Country of origin:
Turkey

The best way to describe this Elvan Choc’n Roll is like Milky Way Crispy Rolls but with a different filling...and a cleverer but cheesy name!


The ‘compound chocolate coated roll wafer with hazelnut cream’ came divided into two fingers (which combined to make a portion) and were served in a wrapper that had nice melted chocolate imagery and an illustration of the product.


The bar had quite a basic appearance and I noticed that the wafer seemed to be thicker than the core which made sense since its scent was strong! There also seemed to be hint of sweet vanilla which was a welcome addition.


In many ways, I found this product to be like a cheaper Wafel Teatralny Classic which
I reviewed a few days ago. It had a soft crisp and the main flavour was one of sweet wafer although, in contrast, the cocoa element wasn’t really there – the compound chocolate added a different level of sweetness rather than a richer chocolatey flavour.


This Elvan Choc’n Roll was certainly inoffensive and a great little find for £0.10. It’s wasn’t the first time I’d tried one, and it won’t be the last, but I can’t say I can see it becoming a staple in my diet!

Appearance: 6.5/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
7.13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...