Friday 19 September 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Freddo



Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Freddo
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a multipack of six bars (Tesco)
Calories:
95 per 18g bar
Country of origin:
UK

I don’t usually buy the famous Freddo anymore on principle – I miss the days when they were £0.10 each! However, I was becoming aware of how many uneaten higher-calorie treats I currently have ‘in stock’ and, since I need (yes, need!) some chocolate every day, I thought I’d buy some smaller bars to help me get through the other non-chocolate goodies as accompaniments. Since Cadbury Dairy Milk is always good, I felt it wouldn’t hurt to pay more than I would have done ‘back in my day’ on this occasion!


The purple wrapper featured the brand’s frog holding a tennis racquet. Quite what that had to do with anything, I don’t know, but there you go. Having said that, I did wonder if there was meant to be a general sporting theme going on, since the Australian strawberry variety involved surfing.


I’ve already covered most of the bases of this Mondelez product in my review of the popping candy version so I won’t repeat myself here. This one obviously didn’t contain the bits, though, so it didn’t have the unattractive speckle when I opened it.


As I said in the popping candy review, I did enjoy the chunky, thick and slightly grainy texture more when I didn’t have the distraction of the crackly pieces and, as a result, this was another good way to serve this classic Cadbury recipe.


It’s just a shame about inflation...

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.88/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...