Thursday 22 August 2013

M&M's Chocolate Bar



Product name: M&M’s Chocolate Bar
Purchase details:
£1.50 for a 42.5g bar (A Quarter of Sweets)
Calories:
220 per bar

Country of origin: USA

I’m starting this review with an apology to M&M’s. You see, I’ve always thought they’d fallen into the dreaded trap of using an apostrophe incorrectly. However, it turns out that they’re named after their creators (Mars and Murrie) which, therefore, makes the product their possession and voila – all is good in the world!


Anyway, on to one of the few things I consider to be more important than good grammar: chocolate! This M&M’s Chocolate Bar was a simple but yummy-looking concept of milk chocolate filled with M&M’s Minis and it was ‘distributed by Mars Chocolate North America’.


I loved the design of this bar. Given the variety of colours associated with the M&M’s brand, it was evident that this would be a pretty colourful bar and, sure enough, the bright candy shells (of which there were a lot) could be seen breaking through the chocolate’s surface. In addition, I adored the cute image that was imprinted on the chocolate’s surface as it was something fun and a bit different. The bar also snapped nicely along its perforated edges (although my picture shows a diagonal break due to unfortunate pre-opening damage!).


I was slightly disconcerted when I realised that the bar smelt more like dark chocolate than milk and I would be interested to know what the cocoa content was. However, it definitely tasted of milk chocolate, although it wasn’t overly sweet. The strong chocolate taste on offer was nicer than expected and left a really creamy aftertaste in the mouth.


Texturally, the chocolate melted well but the M&M’s Minis were a bit hard so I preferred to chew the bar. Really, it was a standard chocolate experience with added crispy bits. 

As much as I wanted to try this bar, in reality, I didn’t expect it to be anything special. I maintain that it wasn’t a sensational product, but the double-chocolate experience offered by the bar itself and the M&M’s, meant it was very enjoyable and a good addition to the brand. 

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.63/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...