Thursday 6 November 2014

Nestlé Yorkie: Peanut



Product name: Nestlé Yorkie: Peanut
Purchase details:
£0.60 for a 43g bar or three for £1.20 (Tesco)
Calories:
248 per bar
Country of origin:
UK

Well this is one exciting, new and limited edition product that nearly passed me by! I hadn’t (and still haven’t) heard a thing about the Nestlé Yorkie: Peanut but saw them mixed in with a stand of other Yorkie bars in Tesco. Once I’d convinced myself that the unusual jet black wrapper wasn’t an indication of Hallowe’en or dark chocolate, it went straight into my basket!


Choosing to ignore the typically sexist slogan of ‘man fuel for man stuff’, this bar was described as ‘chunky milk chocolate with peanuts (25%)’ which were roasted. The chocolate consisted of a minimum of 25% cocoa solids and 14% milk solids and was part of Nestlé’s Cocoa Plan.

The bar was the same in style as the Raisin & biscuit and was divided into five pieces that were full of dark-centred peanuts (the fact the chocolate splintered when I cut into it demonstrates how full each piece was!). These produced a really strong nutty scent that actually smelt a lot like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


The Yorkie’s chocolate itself was unchanged from the usual kind and it tasted nice and sweet against the nuts – I particularly loved the roasted aspect of these. It had a nice yet chunky melt but the bar was also really satisfying to chew as the nuts were really crunchy. To my amazement, the flavour was very similar to peanut butter, and the overall product reminded me of a simpler Reese's Nutrageous.


I genuinely didn’t expect this bar to be as good as it was but it was such a delight to eat. I’m gutted it’s only a limited edition...please don’t take it away from me!


Appearance: 8.5/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
8.5/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
8.38/10

1 comment:

  1. I saw this in my local tesco petrol station and had to try it; I love peanuts and I love Yorkie. I though the fruit and biscuit bar was my favourite but this one tops it.
    I'm glad I found your review blog.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...